Finding Comfort in Melancholy: My Experience Rehearsing Pablo Alborán's "Saturno"

As a musician, I find that some of the most emotional and memorable pieces are the ones that evoke a sense of melancholy. And when it comes to melancholic songs, "Saturno" by Pablo Alborán is one that always hits me hard.


Recently, I decided to challenge myself by learning and rehearsing this beautiful piece on my guitar, a Little Martin LXK2. I wanted to create a cover that did justice to the raw emotion of the original song, and that captured the feeling of melancholy that it conveys.


However, rehearsing "Saturno" wasn't easy. As you can see in the video I recorded, I struggled with the timing and some of the chords. At times, I felt frustrated and even considered giving up. But I persevered, determined to get it right.


As I continued to rehearse, I found that playing "Saturno" became a way for me to process my own emotions. The song's bittersweet melody and lyrics reminded me of moments of loss and heartache in my own life. And yet, somehow, playing the song also brought me a sense of comfort and solace.


I realized that sometimes, embracing sadness and melancholy can be a way to find catharsis and healing. Music has always been a powerful tool for me to express my emotions, and playing "Saturno" was no exception.


In the end, I was able to record a version of "Saturno" that I was proud of. It's not perfect, but it captures the essence of the song and the emotions that it evokes. And I hope that, by sharing this video, I can connect with others who have also found solace in melancholic music.


So, if you're feeling a bit down and in need of some comfort, I encourage you to give "Saturno" a listen. And if you're a musician, don't be afraid to challenge yourself by tackling a piece that pushes you out of your comfort zone. Who knows - you might just find a new source of emotional release and healing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastering Guitar Skills with Francisco Tárrega's Etude in C Major

Reflecting on the Meaning and Harmony of Café Tacvba's 'Quiero Ver'